Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Your Sunday Morning Jet Noise

Lockheed C-5, drowning out the chattering spectators.

5 comments:

Leo Knight said...

A few years ago, I had to drive through Delaware, past Dover. I didn't think much about it until I heard that noise and saw one of these taking off. I nearly drove off the road. I had to pull over and ogle. I'm sure the locals thought I was nuts.

dinthebeast said...

They used to fly them out of Travis on training flights, and they'd come over the hills into the East Bay flying low and slow, and it was really hard to tell whether they were as big as they looked because you don't normally see something that huge flying low and slow, but they looked gigantic.

-Doug in Oakland

Stewart Dean said...

A plane that big messes with your sense of speed. They have been based at Stedwart/Newburg NY.....you see them in the sky and they seem to move so slow that you think they're going to fall out of the sky....or are maybe some weird-ass blimp

montag said...

When I worked in Springfield MA I watched them do touch and go's from Westover and several times while outside I watched them float overhead as they went around and thought that, yes, I can run that fast. Never did try.

Deadstick said...

That slow-flight illusion has been referred to as the 747 effect.