Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Xmas Bangity

Since nobody'll give me what I really want, I treated myself:


Southern Ohio Gun was running a series of specials last month. One of the guns on special was a DAO S&W M64. Sale price was $229, with $10 for a hand-pick. I paid for the hand-pick, so by the time it showed up at my FFL, the price was about $255.

As you can see, the gun is clean. It's a 64-5 The timing is good and the trigger pull is really sweet.

In case you're not familiar, the Model 64 is little more than a stainless version of the Model 10, a gun whose lineage is now about 120 years old. Supposedly some of the early Model 64s were built with the thinner "standard" barrel, but I've never seen one in real life.

Even at the regular price of $309 (and I'd pay for the hand-pick, if I were you), these guns are very much a "everything you need, nothing you don't" gun.

Range report to come.

UPDATE: It works pretty well. I painted the sights (black nail polish on the rear notch, orange on the front) and gave it a whirl at ten yards. I didn't take a photo; it was about 15degF out*, so I was more interested in wrapping things up and getting into a warmer place.
________________________________
* That being 14 numbers higher than the number of football games won by the Cleveland Browns over the last two years.

No comments: